What if your listening were seen as a vessel for people and their ideas to pour into? What if your listening could open up a field in which the ideal future for your team and organization could come into words, into action, and into reality? What if the only thing standing in the way of you and your organizations’ future was the limits of your listening?
In this workshop, we will explore how leaders, both established and emerging, can leverage their listening in ways that encourage bold visions, enthusiastic action and an ownership mindset of their teams. In addition, new ways of listening and listening techniques will be introduced and experimented with over the course of the session. And finally, ways to apply these insights in every-day business situations will be revealed.
Those who attend this workshop will experience:
- How listening can create an ownership mindset
- Three powerful frameworks in which to leverage listening
- Exercises that will promote more powerful listening for you and your team
As a result, attendees will enjoy:
- Colleagues and peers showing up differently, more fully, more enthusiastically as a result of their new listening skills
- The ability to more purposefully calibrate their listening to favor an ownership mindset
- Seeing a whole new set of possibilities for the future of their career and their organization as a result of what their listening invites others in their organization to share
About Your Speaker Brent Robertson
Brent works with leaders to design futures worth believing in™. A partner at Fathom, he champions an approach to strategic planning, leadership development, talent engagement, and market differentiation that prioritizes people and relationships. As a result, his clients don’t simply plan their futures, they bring them to life through the energy of organization-wide involvement in, and commitment to, generating valuable businesses that matter.
In addition to his client work, Brent is an outspoken advocate for the region and serves as an advisor to community, faith and business organizations who endeavor to create a better future for everyone who lives here. With a bias toward provoking new ways of seeing the world and taking action to change it, Brent is a sought-after keynote speaker and is regularly featured in regional and national publications.
Brent has oriented his life around helping people create conditions for their success, and is the creator of the personal development company Purpose Practiced. He is frequently invited to lecture on the topic of purpose, community and leadership, and uses his personal transformation experience as a place from which to mentor others through personal and professional change.